The Cosmetology Instructor course consists of 500 - 750 hours of technical instruction & practical operations covering teaching techniques & practical phases of an Instructor. This course is designed to prepare licensed Cosmetologists for the state licensing examination & employment as an Instructor.
* At the successful completion of the Instructor course, the student will be able to:
* Demonstrate professionalism, poise, and proper grooming.
* Project a positive attitude and self-confidence.
* Communicate effectively and interact appropriately with colleagues, supervisors, and clients.
* Create interactive lesson plans.
* Identify learning styles and use effective teaching techniques to adequately communicate instructional material.
* Develop techniques to identify and correct classroom management problems associated with adult learners.
* Use supplementary teaching devices to enhance classroom instruction.
* Create student assessment tools.
* Assist in the documentation of student records, including assessments, grading, and advising of students.
* Apply knowledge and skills necessary to pass required licensing examinations.
* Achieve entry-level employment as an instructor in the field of Cosmetology.
Methodology used during classroom instruction includes: lecture & discussion, demonstration, individualized instruction, practical experience of cosmetology functions & practical experience of instructional responsibilities including developing lesson plans, demonstrations & lecture activities.
Class Hours: 500 Hours (w/ 1 Year Experience)
750 Hours (w/o 1 Year Experience)
Full & Part-Time schedules
20 Hours per Week (Min. Requirement)
Active Operator License
1 year of Cosmetology Experience for 500 Hour Course
Proof of Identification
Deposit (Covers Book, Registration Fee & TDLR Permit Fee)
Location & Contact Details
1123 E Villa Maria Rd, Bryan, TX 77802