The Barber Instructor course consists of 500 / 750 hours of technical instruction and practical operations covering teaching techniques and practical phases of a Barber Instructor. This course is designed to prepare licensed barbers for the state licensing examination and employment as a Barber Instructor.
At the successful completion of the Barber Instructor course, the student will be able to:
* Demonstrate professionalism, poise, and proper grooming.
* Project a positive attitude and self-confidence.
* Communicate effectively and interact appropriately with colleagues, supervisors, and clients.
* Create interactive lesson plans.
* Identify learning styles and use effective teaching techniques to adequately communicate instructional material.
* Develop techniques to identify and correct classroom management problems associated with adult learners.
* Use supplementary teaching devices to enhance classroom instruction.
* Create student assessment tools.
* Assist in the documentation of student records, including assessments, grading, and advising of students.
* Apply knowledge and skills necessary to pass required licensing examinations.
* Achieve entry-level employment as an instructor in the field of barbering.
Methodology used during classroom instruction includes: lecture and discussion, demonstration, individualized instruction, practical experience of barbering functions, and practical experience of instructional responsibilities including developing lesson plans, demonstrations, and lecture activities required of barber instructors.
Class Hours: 500 Hours (w/ 1 Year Experience)
750 Hours (w/o 1 Year Experience)
Full & Part-Time schedules
20 Hours per Week (Min. Requirement)
Active Barber License
1 year of Barbering Experience for 500 Hour Course
Proof of Identification
Deposit (Covers Book, Registration Fee & TDLR Permit Fee)
Location & Contact Details
1123 E Villa Maria Rd, Bryan, TX 77802